CHANDIGARH TRANSPORT UNDERTAKING – Online applications are invited from the Indian nationals for the following posts of Bus Conductor on regular basis in Chandigarh Transport Undertaking (CTU) U.T. Chandigarh: –
Total Posts (Male / Female 33%)- 93 Posts
Note (i) The vacancies to be fallen vacant during intervening period of recruitment process will also be included in the advertised vacancies and will be filled up through this recruitment process itself.
Note (ii) 33% of the above vacancies in each category are reserved for women candidates. In case sufficient candidates are not found available for appointment then the unfilled vacancies will be filled up from male candidates of respective category on the basis of merit.
1. Pay Scale: “ Monthly emoluments” under Pay Band Rs. 5910-20200 during the probation period. Further fixed emoluments means the emoluments drawn by the Govt. employee, but the said emoluments shall not include any grade pay, annual increment or any others allowance except traveling allowance as per entitlement of the post. After successful
completion of the probation period, the directly recruited bus conductor will be entitled to receive the salary equivalent to the minimum of the pay scale i.e. Rs. 5910-20200 and Grade Pay Rs. 2400/- (initial start Rs. 9880/-) plus usual allowances as admissible to the Chandigarh Administration employees from time to time. Further, the period of probation including extended period of probation, if any, will not be counted in the time scale of pay.
2. Qualification : 10+2 pass from any recognized board/university and (2) Should hold a valid Conductor’s Licence issued before the last date of making application.
3. Age as on 01.01.2016: – Minimum 18 years and maximum 25 years ( relaxation for SC 5yrs, OBC for 3 years, for PH(Ortho)-10 yrs & ESM as per rules. In case an eligible ex-serviceman is not available for recruitment against a ESM vacancy, such a vacancy shall be filled in by recruitment of one Lineal Descendent (LD) of an ex-serviceman in respective category, subject to the conditions mentioned in para 4 of Punjab Recruitment of Ex-servicemen rules 1982, subject to the following conditions:-
(i) a) Qualification: – 10+2 pass from any recognized board/University
b) Age: Minimum 18 years and maximum 25 years
(Relaxation for SC=5yrs. And OBC=3 years and PH=10 yrs.
c) Should hold valid Conductor License
(ii) He/she is not already in service.
(iii) He/She will be eligible to avail the benefits only once in life.
(iv) Lineal Descendent means sons/daughter married/unmarried/legally divorced of the re-employed/un- employed ex-servicemen. The respective Zila Sainik Welfare Office. Lineal Descendent Certificate issued by any other authority will not be considered and it will be rejected straightway.
4. Processing fee (non refundable): – Rs. 800/- for General/OBC and Rs. 400/- for SC/Ex- Servicemen candidates. No processing fee will be charged from physically handicapped person. For ESM-LD, the fee will be as per their categories such as UR/OBC or SC.
Processing fee will be deposited in any branch of Punjab National Bank against the challan generated from system while filling online application.
5. Selection Criteria: –
(a) All candidates will be called for written test (objective type multiple choices).
Two written test of 100 questions each will be held in forenoon and afternoon.
(b) Syllabus for Written test: The syllabus for written test (Objective type having multiple choice answers) will be based on;
(i) Numerical Ability
(ii) English (only upto 8th Standard, no translation in Hindi & Punjabi)
(iii) General Knowledge & General Science
(iv) Elementary Computer Knowledge
Paper-II (After noon)
(i) Knowledge of Traffic rules
(ii) First Aid
(iii) General behavior & Safety
There will be no negative marking. However, the qualifying marks will be 25% for SC candidates and for other categories 30% marks. The question paper for each test will be in Hindi, English & Punjabi languages.
(c) Duration of written test: The duration of each written test will be of 90 minutes.
(d) Final Selection: The final selection will be made on the basis of marks/merit
obtained after combining the marks of both written test. In case two or more candidates secure equal marks/merit at last point, the candidates elder in age, will be considered for selection. THERE WILL BE NO PERSONAL INTERVIEW. Waiting lists will also be prepared in each category.
6. The last date to fill the online application form is 31.03.2016 midnight after which the portal shall be closed and any request to extend the deadline may not be entertained.
The last date for depositing the fee shall be 04.04.2016.
1. Read the Instructions properly before filling the online application.
2. The application is available online and challan for fee deposit shall be generated once the application form is filled successfully. Candidate should check the CTU website for any further information regarding dates of written test etc.
3. The candidate should deposit the fee in any branch of Punjab National Bank. The system will automatically validate the form once the due fee is deposited against that form.
4. Online submission of application form on the website of www.chdctu.gov.in will start on 10.03.2016 and close on 31.03.2016 midnight. The last date for depositing the fee shall be 04.04.2016.
5. One candidate may submit multiple application forms, however the application form against which fee as prescribed is paid, shall be accepted only. Incomplete application in any manner will be rejected straightway without assigning any reason.
6. After the last date of submission of forms, all valid form and names to be called for written test shall be displayed for a week i.e. up to 07.04.2016. Candidates may submit their objection at email: firstname.lastname@example.org, if they have any or their name is not in the list despite depositing the requisite fee.
7. All the candidates who have a completed application form with requisite fee shall be called for written test. However this does not mean that he/she is eligible for appointment.
His/Her eligibility shall be subject to the verification of the documents at the time of counseling.
8. The claim of reservation of SC will be accepted from all India basis, whereas in the case of OBC list, it shall be followed as per revised notification of Director Social Welfare issued vide dated 26.03.2015 and further Chandigarh Administration notification dated 03.08.2015 by adopting castes from Chandigarh U.T., state list. OBC castes lists is available at http://chandigarh.gov.in/pdf/list-obc.pdf. Those who possess Backward Class certificates only will have to produce the Other Backward Class Certificate at the time of counseling. Change of category shall not be permitted at any stage. However if the applicant feels that he/she has filled some detail wrongly, he can fill another form and fee should be deposited against the right form challan.
9. The documents pertaining to Bus Conductor licence, 10+2 Pass, Castes Certificate Physically Handicapped Certificate & ESM Discharge Book/Certificate etc will be verified at the time of final selection. In case any document found false/ fake/incomplete, his/her candidature shall stand cancelled and action will be taken against him/her as per
10. In case of any dispute the decision of the Director Transport, Union Territory, Chandigarh will be the final and for any kind of legal complication, the jurisdiction will be at Chandigarh.
11. The candidate should come for counseling along with printout of application form, original fee receipt and E-admit card. Therefore original fee receipt and Admit Card be kept secure by the candidates.
To View Detailed and Exact Advt. Visit official website :-