Railway Recruitment Boards recruitment -Advt. No. CEN.No.02/2018
Computer Based Test (CBT): Tentatively scheduled during April and May, 2018
Date of publication: 10.02.2018. Date & Time of Closing: 12.03.2018 up to 23.59 Hrs.
Opening Date & Time for On-Line Registration and submission of Application- 10.02.2018 at 10.00 hrs
Closing Date & Time for submission of On-Line application – 12.03.2018 at 23.59 hrs
Last Date & Time for Payment of Application Fee
Online payment (Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card)- 12.03.2018 at 22.00 hrs
SBI Bank Challan – 12.03.2018 at 13.00 hrs
Post Office Challan – 10.03.2018 at 13.00 hrs
Educational Qualification: Candidates should be passed 10th pass plus National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT/ 10th pass plus ITI from institutions recognized by NCVT/ SCVT or 10th pass/ ITI from institutions recognized by NCVT/ SCVT (or) equivalent/ National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT.
How to Apply: all the eligible candidates can apply online through website http://www.rrbahmedabad.gov.in/ from 10-02-2018 at 10.00 hrs to 12-03-2018 at 23:59 hrs.
Candidates should ensure that they possess/fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for the post(s) as on the
closing date for submitting application. CANDIDATES WAITING FOR RESULTS OF PRESCRIBED
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION SHOULD NOT APPLY.
1) Applications are to be submitted ONLINE through RRB websites ONLY listed at Para 20.0 of this CEN.
One application ONLY is required to be submitted to the selected RRB for all its notified posts in this CEN.
Candidates can apply to only one RRB. Any attempt to submit more than one application by a candidate against
this CEN shall result in disqualification and debarment.
2) Eligibility of the candidates will be considered only on the strength of the information furnished in the
ONLINE Application. Candidates need NOT send printouts of application or Certificates or copies to RRBs
concerned by post. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the
candidate in his/her application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or
the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post(s), his/her candidature will be rejected
3) Candidates are required to go through the vacancy table, ascertain their eligibility and then exercise options for
the RRBs and post(s) within the RRB chosen as per their eligibility. The selection of RRB once exercised
shall be final.
4) Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the prescribed medical standards for the post(s) they are opting for.
Candidates who are found medically unsuitable for the opted post(s) shall not be given any alternative
5) Scale of pay:
Level 01 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix with initial pay of ?18000/- plus other allowances admissible at that time.
6) Age (as on 01.07.2018): 18 – 31 Years – Refer para 5.1 for age relaxations.
7) Stages of Exam: There shall be a Computer Based Test (CBT). Candidates qualified in the CBT shall have to
undergo Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Marks will be normalized in the CBT.
rd 8) Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in the CBT. 1/3 of the marks allotted
for each question shall be deducted for wrong answer.
9) Electronic gadgets like Mobile phones, bluetooth, pen drive, laptops, calculators, wrist watches or any other
communication devices or pen/pencil are strictly NOT allowed inside the exam hall. Any infringement of this
instruction shall entail summary rejection besides legal action including debarment from future examinations.
10) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones etc. to
the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured.
11) Candidates should have their own mobile number and valid & active personal email id and keep them
active for the entire duration of recruitment as RRBs shall send all recruitment related communications
only through SMS and email till the recruitment is completely over. RRBs will not entertain any request
for change of mobile number and e-mail address at any stage.
12) Before filling up of the online application, candidates are advised to thoroughly read the entire instructions and
information in the CEN available on the websites of RRBs.
Candidates are advised to visit only official websites of the RRBs indicated at Para 20.0 of this CEN and
be very cautious about fake websites and job racketeers.
Candidates applying for the posts in this CEN have to pay the prescribed fee as per their category detailed
1 For all candidates except the fee concession categories mentioned below at Sl No 2- 500/-
2 For Candidates belonging to SC / ST / Ex-Serviceman / PWDs / Female / Transgender / Minorities / Economically
backward class.*This fee of ` 250 shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges, on appearing in CBT.- 250/-*To view
Detailed and Exact Advt. Visit official webpage