RECRUITMENT OF 362 ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER SCALE-I – National Insurance Company Ltd. invites applications for recruitment of 362 (Three Sixty Two) Officers in Scale I cadre from open market.Please note the Important Dates:
Publication of Advertisement in Employment News – Last week of December’2014
On line Registration commences from – 05.01.2015
Last Date for Online Registration – 24.01.2015
Payment of Application fees – 05.01.2015-24.01.2015
Date of online Examination – Various dates in April 2015
Downloading of call letters for examination commences from – 10 days prior to the date of examination
Candidates should apply through On-Line mode only. No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
Discipline -No. of Posts
Finance- 60,Legal- 60,Automobile Engineering- 30,Information Technology- 20,Total Specialist- 170, Generalist- 192
Age as on 30.11.2014
Minimum Age: 21 years Maximum Age: 30* years, as on 30.11.2014. * Relaxations as per rules.
Application Fee (Non-Refundable)-Payable on-line from 05.01.2015to24.01.2015 (both dates inclusive)
SC/ ST / PWD/ EXS/ DXS Rs. 50/- (Intimation Charges Only)
All candidates other than SC/ ST / PWD /EXS/DXS Rs. 600/- (Application fee including intimation charges)
*The transaction charge, if applicable, is to be borne by the candidate.
Fee/ Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held reserve for any other examination or selection.
Educational Qualification (as on 30.11.2014)
Candidate should possess certificate in proof of passing the qualifying examination as on 30.11.2014.
For Generalist Stream, a candidate must possess the minimum qualification of a Degree in any discipline from a recognized University OR any equivalent qualification recognized as such by Central Government.
For Specialist Stream a candidate must possess the minimum qualification of Degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized University OR any equivalent qualification recognized as such by Central Government.
The minimum Educational Qualifications required for various disciplines are:
Sl. No. Discipline Minimum Qualification
1 Finance Chartered Accountant (ICAI) / Cost Accountant (ICWA)/ M.COM/ B.COM
2 Automobile Engineering B.E./B.Tech. in Automobile Engineering
3 Information Technology B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science/Information Technology
3 Legal Graduate in Law.
4 Generalist Graduate in any stream.
a) Qualifications mentioned above should be from any of the recognized Indian Universities duly approved by the UGC or any of the recognized Indian Institutes duly approved by AICTE.
b) Preference will be given to candidates having post qualification experience in their area of specialization. Company’s decision in this regard
shall be final.
c) The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate of the necessary qualification as on 30.11.2014.
To View Detailed and Exact Advt. Visit Following Webpage:-
HOW TO APPLY
Detailed Guidelines/Procedures for:
A. Application Registration
B. Payment of Fees
C. Photograph & Signature Scan and Upload
Candidates can apply online only from 05.01.2015 to 24.01.2015 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE REGISTRATION
Before applying online, candidates shouldi.
Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under
Guideline for photograph & signature scan and upload.
ii. Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. All official
communication will be sent to the registered e-mail id of the candidate. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she
should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
A. Application Procedure
1. Candidates to go to the Company’s website http://www.nationalinsuranceindia.comand click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will
open a new screen.
2. To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional
Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional
Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
3. In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE
AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details
in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/
get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
4. All the information given by the candidate in the application is treated as final and no correction is allowed after the final submission.
Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained
after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
5. The Name of the candidate and his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application and should be the same as it
appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets as well as on the photo id. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
6. Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
7. Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph
and Signature detailed under point “C”.
8. Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
9. Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
10. Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other
details filled by you are correct.
11. Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
12. Click on ‘Submit’ button.
B. Payment of Fees (Online Mode Only)
1. The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
2. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/
3. After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO
NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE
4. On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
5. Non-generation of ‘E-receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their
Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
6. Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be
generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
7. For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency
based on prevailing exchange rates.
8. To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
9. There is facility to print application form containing fee details after payment of fees.
C. Guidelines for Photograph & Signature Scan and Upload
• IN CASE THE FACE IN THE PHOTOGRAPH OR SIGNATURE IS UNCLEAR, THE APPLICATION MAY BE REJECTED.
• CANDIDATE MAY EDIT THE APPLICATION AND RE-UPLOAD THE PHOTOGRAPH/ SIGNATURE IN SUCH CASE.
• Photograph must be a recent passport size colour picture.
• The picture should be in colour, against a light-coloured, preferably white, background. Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
• If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no
• If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye”.
• If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
• Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face. Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels
• Size of file should be between 20kb-50kb.
• Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB. If the size of the file is more than 50KB, then adjust the settings of the
scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
• The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
• The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
• The Signature will be used to put on the attendance sheet and wherever necessary.
• The Applicant’s signature obtained on the call letter and attendance sheet at the time of the examination should match the uploaded signature.
In case of mismatch, the candidate may be disqualified.
• Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred).
• Size of file should be between 10kb —20kb.
• Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB.
SCANNING THE PHOTOGRAPH & SIGNATURE
• Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch). Set Color to True Color
Page 12 of 26
• File Size as specified above.
• Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as
• The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01 .jpg or image01 .jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by
listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon. Candidates using MS Windows/MS Office can easily obtain photo and
signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 20KB respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and
signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB
(photograph) & 20KB (signature) by using crop and then resize option [Please see point “C? above for the pixel size] in the ‘Image’ menu.
Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his photograph and signature.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
• There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature.
• Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / Signature”.
• Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo/ Signature file has been saved.
• Select the file by clicking on it.
• Click the ‘Upload’ button